Continuing Medical Education
CME Mission Statement
The purpose of The GOG Foundation, Inc. CME program is to provide and promote an infrastructure dedicated to enhancing the knowledge base of meeting participants and guests centered on the development, execution, analysis, and application of GOG Foundation supported clinical trials. To that end, the CME Program engages in these discussions with member researchers and invited clinicians committed to reducing the risk and improving outcomes for women at risk for or afflicted with a gynecologic malignancy.
The educational goals of our CME program are to:
- Increasing awareness in the medical community for current standards of care and critical research issues with respect to the prevention and treatment of gynecologic cancer.
- Supporting multidisciplinary members in design and execution of high-quality research related to gynecologic cancers.
CME Program Overview
The GOG Foundation Continuing Medical Education (CME) program represents another core mission of the organization. Through its Semi-Annual Symposia, Scientific Sessions and Workshops, the GOG is dedicated to disseminating the clinical implications of its research findings to member and non-member physicians and other health-care professionals in the United States, Canada and other countries; and to interested members of the lay public, including cancer survivors, their families, support groups and other advocates.
CME Program Focus
The GOG Foundation’s CME program participants focus on the following areas:
- Recent research findings in the field of gynecologic malignancies
- Standards and procedures required to design, submit, and conduct a research protocol for support by the GOG Foundation
- Integrating laboratory science into clinical trials
- Conducting, analyzing, and publishing the results of well-designed Phase I, II, and III clinical trials
- Assuring strict quality control of research
- Assessing the impact of disease and treatment on quality of life
- Investigating key issues in cancer prevention and control
- Adherence to data management requirements and procedures